Online Proctoring Instructions
FINAL EXAM ONLINE PROCTORING PROCESS
Let’s talk testing.
COURSE PRACTICE EXAM
At the end of each Pre-Licensing course, we offer a practice exam. You do not need a proctor for this. Our practice exam is here to give you an idea of the kinds of questions you’ll see on the actual final, and to help you identify areas that you need to brush up on before attempting the actual exam. You can re-take the course practice exam as many times as you need to pass, and we have set the passing score to be the same as the actual final exam.
COURSE FINAL EXAM
After you complete all the course materials, meet the minimum time requirement (if required by your state), and pass the practice exam, there's a final exam. You must take this in an online proctor's presence. You’ll need to schedule an appointment with a proctor in advance. There is a $25.00 proctoring fee for each exam.
Course Final Exam Details
- Closed book
- Scratch paper and calculator are allowed
- The calculator must be a simple one. You cannot use a smartphone or any calculator that includes an alphabet.
WHAT TO DO
We offer online proctoring, which means you’ll connect with someone online who will monitor you via your webcam as you take the final exam. Here’s a quick overview of the process:
- Create an account with the online proctoring center and make an appointment.
- Before test day, test your system and make sure you meet all of the technical requirements.
- On test day, log in to the proctoring center and click “Start Exam.” You’ll connect with a proctor, who will guide you through the rest of the process.
The technical requirements for the proctoring process are a bit higher than for the course. You will not be able to use a tablet, since tablets don't allow you to share your screen with a proctor. Here’s a list of what you need:
- Laptop or desktop computer
- Strong internet connection
- Updated browser, such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox
- Flash player (for PC users)
- Ability to download a small program
You can test your system setup easily here: https://TheCEShopLive.OnlineProctorNow.com/testYourSystem?colorCode=e61212
If your personal computer cannot handle these requirements, please make alternate arrangements now. Many libraries or local testing centers are fully equipped and will accommodate you for a small fee.
When you sit down at your appointment time, make sure you have the following:
- Government ID
- Blank paper
- Writing utensil
- Basic calculator. Your calculator cannot have letters, and you cannot use your phone or computer calculator.
- Clean desk. You cannot have notes, papers, or anything else on your desk during the exam.
- Empty room. You must have a quiet space free of all other people.
Detailed Proctoring Process
If you like to know exactly what is going to happen, we understand. Here’s a video that walks through the entire process:
If you prefer written steps, here you go:
- Create an account and make an appointment with the online proctoring center.
- Before your appointment, test your system.
- When you sit down at your appointment time, make sure you have your ID, calculator, blank paper, and writing utensils.
- At your appointment time, log in to the proctoring center.
- Click the “Start Exam” button.
- A small program file will download to your computer. Click the file to open it and select “Run” to install the program. If any pop-ups ask if you approve, click Yes or Okay.
- A live proctor will connect with you via a chat box. You’ll read the rules and sign off on them.
- The proctor will take control of your computer for a few minutes to turn on your proctoring session, close out all programs, clear your clipboard, and perform other security checks to ensure the exam is not being recorded and will not be interrupted. You will be able to see everything the proctor is doing.
- The proctor will launch a video session with you. You will be able to see and hear the proctor. The proctor will be able to see and hear you, see what you see on your screen, and see the background processes running on your computer.
- The proctor will ask you to show your government ID. Hold it up to the webcam to verify your identity.
- The proctor will ask you to slowly move the webcam around the room to verify that you are alone and that your desk is clear.
- When prompted, you will log in to your course and start the final exam.
- The proctor will enter a code to launch the exam.
- You will take your exam in the proctor’s presence.
- When you finish the exam, click Submit. You will see your results immediately.
- Review your exam results.
- When you pass, you will be prompted to complete a survey and affidavit. You have completed your course and the proctor will end the session with you. The software you downloaded will automatically uninstall and remove the proctor’s access to your computer. We will issue you a Certificate of Completion by email.
- If you do not pass on the first attempt, you will have another chance. The proctor will end the session, and you may set up a new appointment time.
- If you do not pass a second time, will need to re-enroll in the course and complete all the materials again.
For technical questions about the online proctoring process, please contact B Virtual at 877.581.3942.
For questions about The CE Shop courses, please contact our Customer Service team at 888.827.0777 or email us at Support@TheCEShop.com.